Thursday, August 19, 2010

Disney Bookshelf - The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hey, it's August, isn't it!?!!

I remembered that the latest of the Imagineering Field Guides to be released had, in fact, been released, and there it was at Amazon for just a bit under ten dollars! So I ordered it (with a couple CD's, one by Adam Lambert for my wife and one by Tinted Windows, a sort of pop supergroup with members from Smashing Pumpkins, Fountains of Wayne, Cheap Trick and Hansen - but if you want info about that, you'll have to wait a bit), and have been reading through it for the last couple of days.

I'll probably make another post about this book after I read more of it, but it's what I expected - insights from the Imagineers about details of DHS, much like the previous books provided for other parks. I'm learning the background of many of the names of stores and buildings, and little tidbits about some rides and attractions. I think it's probably best if I reserve specifics for that future post.

But, as I have posted here in previous entries, I do not consider DHS to be an inferior park. I think there's plenty of cool stuff to see and do, plenty of good places to eat and I love the ambiance of the place. So this Field Guide is going to make a handy travel companion in the fall when we head down to Disney World.

So far, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

*****

No comments: