Friday, August 6, 2010

D23 magazine

The new magazine is here! The cover features the main characters from the upcoming film Tangled, which I thought (for some reason) was going to be hand-drawn animation, but looks to be computer generated by the quality of the image on the cover.

The "gift" that comes with the magazine is a custom made Epcot patch. Apparently there are 9 designs, and each member gets one. Mine is for "The Living Seas". A nice design featuring white waves on a green background.

I haven't had the time to look at the magazine in any depth but am looking forward to the article mentioned on the cover: "An Exclusive Tour of Walt Disney Imagineering". On the back cover they have an ad for next year's D23 Expo, which I had hoped to attend. Unfortunately, it will be held August 19-21, 2011, and I will likely not be able to go in August - busy month with birthdays and back to school rush at both home and work. Darn.

Looking forward to reading the contents in more depth than a quick flip-through.

*****

1 comment:

David Landon said...

I heard about the EPCOT Center patches. If I'd have known they were going to give them away to D23 members ahead of time, I just might've subscribed.