Monday, December 20, 2010

Disney Bookshelf: WALT DISNEY WORLD: THEN NOW AND FOREVER

I enjoy my trips to Walt Disney World (and/or Disneyland) for many things, not the least of which is that I usually find a new book (for me) that I otherwise might not see at my local bookstores. (For me, there is something nice about holding a book in my hands and looking at it, rather than ordering from Amazon, though I've certainly done that also.)

This trip's book ended up being the Bruce Gordon and Jeff Kurtti book called WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT: THEN, NOW AND FOREVER. It's a beautiful hardcover edition, listing for $22.95. From the look of it, I thought it would be more expensive. Following the introduction by Roy E. Disney, titled "A World of Family," there are ten sections, each called "A World of ...", starting with Imagination, and followed by Traditions, Surprises, Adventure, Wonder, Movies, Thrills, Music, Innovations, and finally Dream & Memories.

Each section has several nice photos, many of which were familiar to me, but some of which I had not seen before. There is enough text to elaborate on the high points and explain some of the history that the book illustrates.

I can't say that I learned a great deal that I didn't know from this book, but the images make the book worth owning. It is a very nice addition to my Disney bookshelf.

*****

No comments: