Thursday, November 6, 2008

RIP Tony Hillerman, Michael Crichton

Tony Hillerman, author of the Joe Leaphorn/Jim Chee mysteries set in the Four Corners region of Arizona/New Mexico (Navajo country), passed away on Sunday, November 2, 2008. I'll miss his unique tales of this region and the people there. He inspired me to make a swing through the area several years back, when I was able to check out Canyon De Chelly and some of the other sights in that part of the country. Hillerman was one of my "must read" authors, and leaves a gap in that list now. Maybe I'll find some other author worthy of buying the minute their books come out.

As if that wasn't enough, Michael Crichton passed away on Tuesday, November 4, 2008. Crichton was, of course, the author of such works as Jurassic Park, Congo, Eaters of the Dead, and The Andromeda Strain , to name a few of his works.

The world of genre fiction loses two important contributors.

No comments: