Thursday, May 20, 2010

THE RED PYRAMID by Rick Riordan

Published by Disney Hyperion Books:

Rick Riordan, the author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books, has begun a new series with the publication of The Red Pyramid. Instead of Greek gods, this new series revolves around Egyptian mythology, teaching the readers about Osiris, Isis, Anubis, Set, Ra and many other gods of the Pharoahs.

It's a fast moving, well written tale that starts this series, and will probably make a pretty good movie at some future date.

If I were Disney, I'd probably option and develop this, if they haven't already done so. Like the Olympians of Riordan's last series, this subject matter has the potential to engross both boys and girls, but probably moreso boys.

I had lots of fun reading the 516 page epic. It's young adult material, which means that for an avid reader like me, it didn't take nearly as long as most 516 books would take.

I'd recommend it if you're so inclined.

*****

No comments: