Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reposting old entries: Kosher?

A question to anyone who might be reading. Is it okay for a blogger (me, for example) to post an entry that was written a while ago, but which might not have been read by anyone who is reading today?

The reason I ask is because I had a couple entries from way back when I started this blog, and felt I had some interesting things to say (hence, starting the blog). I didn't have any readers then. I may not have many readers now, but more than back then.

I've since said those things, and am in the process of trying to think up new and interesting things to say about Disney. But I'm not a park historian, I'm not a trivia expert, I don't have a lot of experience with old Disney vs. new Disney, and I don't get to visit the parks enough to have new observations to write about (like someone like Kevin Yee does).

What do you think? Kosher? Or not worth it?

*****

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've done it many times and the reaction is usually pretty positive. Positive = no one complains. It is your blog. :)

But with over 4 years of posts at Imaginerding, it is a good way to recycle posts and get the new readers to see your older stuff.

David Landon said...

I haven't done it yet, but I don't see much of a problem with it, especially if a recent happening has suddenly made something you wrote more relevant.

Scott said...

Thanks for the input. David, I don't know if anything's become more relevant but I think a couple of entries maybe deserve to be read. (Or maybe not.)

George, thanks for your input...you've got far more content than I have, far more expertise on these subjects, and so if you can do it, I guess I can too!!!