Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stuff I got today...

Today started off with a quick trip to the library. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but came across a bio of Walt Disney called Walt Disney: Hollywood's Dark Prince by Marc Eliot.

I've heard of this book, read stuff about it in various forums and discussions, and have heard it is a hatchet job, poorly written and with an agenda to paint Walt in the worst possible light. If that's true, I doubt I'll finish the book. But I think it's always good to get other perspectives. For example, I have a friend, works as a market researcher for a big company, who, when I mentioned that I had been reading a lot on Disney (both the man and the company), commented that Walt was a Nazi and a real jerk. That goes against everything I've read about him in Barrier and Gabler and other sources. I suspect a lot of that comes from a book like this. So, I'm going to see what this other side is.

My other purchase was the Blu-ray edition of The Princess And The Frog. It is only my second Blu-ray disc purchase since getting one at the beginning of the year. My wife didn't get to see it in the theater, so maybe we can make a family thing out of it and all watch together.

Now it's off to do something besides write blog entries...

*****

No comments: