Thursday, December 10, 2009

My sons publish their second "Disney Times"...

I mentioned in an earlier post that my sons (mostly the older one but the little one wants to be in on it too) were "publishing" a "magazine" called "The Disney Times". Their first one was all hand-drawn and hand-written, but it was quite nice. They aren't the best artists, and most of their descriptions were on the order of "It's the coolest ride in Disney!"

They recently "published" their second edition. This time I helped with typesetting in WordPerfect. My older boy has learned how to find and capture pictures from the internet, and he wrote all the text and selected the pictures. I more or less formatted it for him, but he was selecting fonts and such. I'm proud of his effort, so I scanned the pages. One didn't transfer when I emailed it to myself at this computer, but here are the first three pages of "The Disney Times", written by a 9 year old (with some assistance from a 7-year old and from Dad...)





If I get the chance I will try to upload page 4 later (which is on Animal Kingdom Lodge). Maybe I have a budding magazine/book publisher on my hands...

No comments: