Thursday, May 21, 2009

D23 membership stuff arrives...

I got my D23 magazine and my "special perk" today in the mail. It's the summer magazine; I'm going to run to the Disney Store tonight and see if they have any of the first issue left. I haven't had a chance to look at it in depth, but it looks nice on the flip through.

My special gift is a fan. It says it's a "souvenir of Disneyland", copyrighted by Walt Disney Productions, 1955. It suggests that I'm in for "acres of fun"! That's good, I guess. Among the attractions pictured on the fold-out blades of the fan are the Sleeping Beauty Castle, the Tropical River Ride (looks sorta like Jungle Cruise?), the Casey, Jr. Ride, the Pirate Ship, the Clock of the World (and Rocket to the Moon), the Mark Twain River Boat Ride, Astrojet (Fly-It-Yourself), the Skyway Ride, the Stage Coach Ride, and the Canal Boat Ride (Storybookland Boats).

I was hoping for something a little more ... collectible ... but this is kind of cool. We'll see whether this membership is worth the price. Only one way to find out.

No comments: