Monday, March 16, 2009

The Disney Times - the eyes of an 8 year old

My son is sort of an entrepreneur type, even at 8 years old. First, he and his 6 year old brother both love all things Disney. They cannot wait till spring break / Easter break because we're going to spend a couple of days in the Disneyland Resort parks. (We're staying at the Grand Californian, but we're going to road trip to San Diego and another destination to be chosen, and only spend three days at Disney.)

He's decided that his life's work is going to be creating a resort hotel, preferably with an amusement park, just like Disney. He asked me last night, "If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would you choose?" I thought for a minute, answered "Albert Einstein," because I couldn't come up with a better answer at the moment. He proceeded to tell me that he would want to meet Walt Disney.

Anyway, he's started a newspaper (with his brother) called The Disney Times. So far, this newspaper features his hand drawn artwork - renditions of various WDW attractions and pavilions - and his hand written descriptions of the same.

I'm proud of his desire to create something like this, and I'm also happy that Disney has inspired him to do this. I think it's great.

He hasn't asked me for any help yet, but I'll give it to him if he needs it.

No comments: