Thursday, October 23, 2008

Next trip

We're planning a trip to Disney World for January. It will be 7 days, and we'll be staying in a 2 bedroom villa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Grandma and Grandpa are coming with us. We have our annual passes (we were there in June) so aside from food and a rental car, we're all paid up!

But as I think about our vacation, I wonder how much this economy is going to affect our future travel plans. I was checking air fares to Arizona in April (for the spring break week) and they're - well, shall we say pricey? I haven't checked the round trip fares to Orlando, but I won't be surprised if they're high. And if it affects me, how is it going to affect other Disney faithful?

Still, we're looking forward to a good time. On the dining schedule are meals at Le Cellier, the Yak and Yeti, and Ohana, to name a few. On the entertainment schedule is, well, all four parks! I'm looking forward to being there when it isn't as busy as the last 4 times we've gone. I'm looking forward to our accomodations, where they tell us we might wake up and see a giraffe from our balcony. I'm looking forward to the food, and to visiting some attractions that we have skipped previously (like most of the films in World Showcase).

Then, I'll be looking forward to my next Disney pilgrimage. Whenever that might be.

1 comment:

David Landon said...

My wife has always wanted to stay at the AK Lodge. If I was going to pay that kind of money, I'd want to stay somewhere with Monorail service. Having giraffes outside one's window is pretty cool, though. We generally go in the off-season when Florida resident discounts are the steepest. We're planning a trip early next November.

You'll enjoy the World Showcase, but in my opinion the CircleVision films aren't worth it. After about 5 minutes surrounded by the wonders of China, your feet start to hurt and you really want it to be over. The live performances are great, though. In the UK there were some performers doing a King Arthur-themed comedy thing where they grab people from the audience to play various parts, and I was snagged to play Sir Lancelot. It was lots of fun. Don't miss the mariachi band in the Mexico pavilion, either.

Have fun!